Thursday, September 25, 2008

Torn between two worlds

Well, as you know now, Scott and I went to Colorado to spend some time with Josh and Amanda and Addy. The trip was planned around a hike up the highest flippin mountain in Colorado...a height that sea-level loving me only had attained in planes, with the aid of motion sickness pills. After huffing and puffing up the base of the first false summit, the clouds changed our minds and path for us, and we started the laborious process of the climb down. Had I know how hard the climb down would have been, I would have never went up that high. But overall, that world of high heights, great views, and my over active pulse is calling me again, I would love to go back.....

But there is another world that I have immediately become sucked into. Why didn't anyone force me to read the Twilight books earlier??? I started the first one yesterday (Wednesday), and am now done with it and the second one. Steph and I are currently sharing the series, and I hope that she is done with the third. I am going to make banana bread in hopes of bartering for the third one. Thanks so much Emily for getting me all interested.

There is still no hope on the job front. I can't tell you how many times I have heard the phrase, We'll call you....Thankfully, Scott and I have recently acquired a new addition to our little family that we will have to return when we go back to school, but that's okay, she is fun while she is here. Her name is Ellie and she is a mix...of....of...two kinds of dogs, that I am sure of. She is a ball of energy, and adores Scott.....

4 comments:

Emily said...

Cute pics...and cute dog! I knew you would love Twilight. No more blogging until you are done with the entire series!!!

Scott and Brandee Merkley said...

i have no problem with those instructions!

josh said...

Nice pictures guys! Thanks for coming with us. It was a blast. Next time we will have to get to where you can't get any higher eh! Come visit anytime.

Emily said...

Hello!!! Update on Twilight, Please...