Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pinterest Oreo Truffles and Bruschetta Chicken



MMM. Chocolate-y Oreo-y Goodness. Don't they look great?!

Those are not mine.

These are.


Here is my story in pictures.
I started with Double-Stuff Oreos. This may have been where the trouble started. The first thing I did was try and mash them up into crumbs. Well, there must have been too much cream. Dang it.

Then, the cream cheese was still softening, but I wanted to make truffles now, so I heated it up in the microwave. As I am writing this I want to put forth a disclaimer: MY MOTHER DID NOT TEACH ME HOW TO DO THIS, SHE TAUGHT ME HOW TO DO THINGS CORRECTLY. THIS IS NOT TO BE A REFLECTION OF HER WONDERFUL COOKING, JUST MY IMPATIENT STUPIDITY.

Next, I tried to mix the hot cream cheese and powder stuff.
Then, like the recipe said, I tried to roll it into balls. Epic fail. I had to look up online how to roll out truffles. One of the websites I found said to refridgerate for 12 hours! What?? What kind of recipe was I using....
So I waited like 2 hours.
At that point, I just rolled them into balls and melted the UNSWEETENED chocolate.
Then, because I didn't have a double boiler...I burned some of it..

Then, I tried to roll one of the truffle balls in the chocolate, and then tried to get it out...Well that didn't work at all. So, I ended up just pouring the chocolate on top of it. It worked.

They lasted less than a week.

THE BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
This is a picture from Pinterest. When I made it last Thursday, it smelled so good and tasted so good, I didn't have time to take pictures. I have broken down what I did into some EASY steps.
~First, go put some aluminum foil on one side of your grill.
~Then marinate chicken in Sundried Tomato Dressing. If you have time, do it the day before. When you are ready to grill, put the chicken on the uncovered grill side. Let it grill for about 4-6 minutes.
~While that is grilling, prepare the bruschetta part.
        ~Dice some fresh tomatoes. I used 4 chicken tenderloins for the two of us, but I diced about 6 roma
          tomatoes. Just know that the more tomato stuff...the better!
        ~After those are diced, I used herb scissors to cut fresh basil into little pieces,
        ~ added about a cup of shredded mozz and
         ~enough Sundried Tomato Dressing to get it to mix and be moist.
~Your chicken might be done on one side now. Take your yummy bruschetta out to the grill.  Flip chicken cooked side down onto the aluminum foil. Put the tomato mixture on top, and finish cooking.

Scott and I also had some hard steak rolls left over...they were in the freezer...we popped those on the grill too and they crusted right up and had a soft center.

When the chicken was done, I put two pieces on my plate and put the entire aluminum foil tray on Scott's plate. He all but licked it clean.

We liked it so much, I made it again on Sunday.
This one is a keeper.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

that chicken looks amazing. I love oreo truffles. I tried making them once too. I think when i heated the chocolate up I melted one of my Tupperware containers