Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Goals

I had a goal to post on my blog once a week this year....We can see how well that worked out. Let me do a quick recap so that we can all be on the same page!

This past Christmas, Scott and I spent it with the Merkley's. This was my first Christmas with Janet and Errol and it was really fun! I got some great stuff from Scott and apparently Santa, including books, one of which I finished on December 28th....Scott and I had a bunch of fun playing with Josh and Amanda at their house, being out with Chris and Emily on the sleds and playing games until they got too competitive.

Then, when January rolled around, it was back to the grindstone. I went back to work. Oh, by the way, I teach at a middle school in the same school district that I student taught in. It is called Fort Herriman Middle School, it is beautiful and I love it! Anyway, I went back to work and Scott went back to school to start his second semester at BYU.

The house that we were gratefully babysitting for missionaries that we had never met before was about to be needed by them again, and so we began to search for somewhere to live. To no avail with cheap apartments that I would feel comfortable living in and paying for, we decided to buy a house. We bought a house in Eagle Mountain Utah (pictures to come!) and are very excited to move in. We are going to close hopefully next week.

Scott and I spend our time doing homework, planning around basketball games that we love to attend and trying to see each other in between!

We have another GOAL: to climb all the county high peaks in Utah to prepare to climb Mt. Elbert at the end of the summer. Josh and Amanda should be in on it, and anyone else who wants to join!!

Anyway, now you are caught up! Just bug me for another post next week!!

2 comments:

Candice said...

yay! A blog post!!

Wanna-be-Cowgirl (aka Emily) said...

Double Yay! Who designed your super cute, super chic, super urban blog background? She did a fabulous job!