Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast--or Fiasco?


Who was I kidding, making my own Thanksgiving dinner. There was the stuffing, and the potatoes, and the corn, and the rolls, and can't forget the turkey. All of these expectations to uphold. If I ruined this dinner.....what would become of my cooking reputation?

Heehee, just joking. Thanksgiving was great! The turkey was really good, and yes, with only two people and one helping each, we are up to our ears in left-overs. And I made everything that I was used to having on Thanksgiving. Scott was in for a real treat with my grandmother's (I don't know what recipe belonged to who...so for the sake of argument, grandmothers is now a collective noun) corn pudding and potato casserole.

It was fun. It was fattening. (And I am never wearing that shirt in front of a camera again.) (Promise.)

2 comments:

Candice said...

The potato casserole is Granny McVaugh's recipe; the corn pudding is mine - by the way, I'm not your grandmother - I'm not even A grandmother yet:)

But....Way to go! Nice dinner! I'm so glad it turned out (except you won't have any 'do you remember my first thanksgiving attempt?' stories.

The Merk-ster said...

way to go kids. Brandee you are one up on me. The only Thanksgiving cooking I've done is the sweet potatoes. Can't say I'm looking forward to my turkey days.